Eggs are an essential part of most people's diets. Whether they are fried, poached, scrambled, or hard boiled, the shells all usually end up in the same place, in the bin!
But it doesn't have to be this way. Chicken eggshells are actually an amazing source of calcium, they are 90% pure calcium! And this absorbable calcium can be very beneficial for your muscles and bones.
The US National Center for Biotechnology Information even recommends eggshell calcium in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. (more info)
Of course you cannot just eat eggshells, but your body can readily absorb them once they have been pulverised.
And it's easy to do:
1. Put around a dozen eggshells in a sieve
Wash them well, insuring that the thin inner membrane remains intact
2. Boil the eggshells for 10 minutes
Boiling removes bacteria and germs. Heat in a large pot ensuring that the shells are completely covered
3. White the shells are boiling, preheat your oven to 95C.
4. Remove the eggshells and drain with a sieve
Then place in the oven for 15 minutes
5. Remove from the over, and allow them to cool
Then blend them into a fine powder in your liquidiser.
6. The powder can now be added to food, drank in a solution, or eaten as it is
The recommended dose is half a teaspoon per day, equivalent to around 400 mg of calcium.
Share this remedy with your friends.